The warmer weather is around the corner and we’re back with this month’s best organisation tips. It’s the perfect time of the year to get you and your home ready for spring. Give our 5 ideas a go.
What to do this month
1. Get ready for the Easter holidays and plan activities
Easter isn’t until late April this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start planning now. If you like an adventure then the National Trust’s Easter egg trails might be the perfect day out. Ideal for all the family and a great way to get out in nature.
You might be more of a crafty household and prefer an indoor activity. Head to your local craft store and stock up on their Easter DIY supplies. Ensure there’s plenty to keep everyone occupied and enjoy a relaxing afternoon at home.
2. Pack away your Winter wardrobe ready for the warmer weather
It’s almost time for lighter layers. Clear up some room in your wardrobe by packing your winter clothes away. We know you love a clever hack so here are some nifty tips to make organising a breeze.
- Vacuum sealed bags are a great space saver for bulky items. Why not keep them in your suitcase to save extra space?
- Keep winter shoes and boots smelling fresh as a daisy. Add a deodorising sachet in the soles and stuff with newspaper so they don’t lose their shape.
- For more delicate items fold and store in boxes with lids. Top tip! Use acid free tissue paper as an extra layer to avoid colour transfer.
- Don’t forget to keep stored clothes away from wood because it contains chemicals that can damage textiles.
3. Look after your makeup brushes and give them a deep clean
How often do you clean your makeup brushes? Honestly. If you can’t remember the last time then it’s a good idea to refresh them ahead of your Spring/Summer cosmetic switch up. Did you know that 58% of women buy different makeup for the summer and winter months?*
Use baby shampoo to gently clean your brushes. Why not go the extra mile and get your makeup looking pristine too? Read about how to deep clean your beauty bag and your dressing table and skin will thank you for it.
4. Clear out your garage ready for summer BBQs
Are you dreaming of those long sunny days and a glass of wine (or two) in the garden? Get ahead for summer hosting and clear out your garage. If yours looks anything like mine then it currently resembles Monica’s closet and needs an urgent sprinkle of Marie Kondo magic. Follow these top tips and you’ll be ready for BBQ season.
- Clear all items on to the driveway so you can see everything you own.
- Categorise into keep, donate and sell piles.
- Invest in some solid shelving to store the newly curated collection neatly.
Why not pop things you don’t use very often on the top shelf in numbered boxes? Make a spreadsheet to document what’s inside each of them and never waste time rummaging again!
5. Book your Spring getaway mani-pedi
Manicurists always have a jam-packed schedule but just like hairdressers, once you find the one you can never look back. So, if you’ve got a mini-break planned over Easter then get ahead of the crowd and book your mani-pedi in advance. The classic French tip is always in style. This year why not mix it up and opt for a pastel shade.
If you want your nails to look their best then prepare for your gel makeover. Trimming nails regularly helps to strengthen them and means they are less likely to break. Always wear rubber gloves to protect against harsh chemicals and a rich, moisturising hand cream is not a luxury but an essential beauty buy.
Do you have any organisation tips you’d like to share with us? We’d love to hear from you and we might mention it in a future edition of ‘How to get organised this month’!
*Lab42 Market Research